Each mean of transportation has its own pros and cons or better to say, they have the proper occasion to be used. Airplanes are fast and perfect for long distances. Automobiles are advised travelling at a close place specially if there are good highways available. Boats are the best touring the oceans in a romantic way. However, there is no one like a train.
One of the benefits is that you can find train tickets special rates at any moment of the year and for sure they are cheaper than plane fares. But there are many more advantages including almost every aspect of a trip. It is good if you go alone or in a group, on business o for vacation to a big city or a small town in the middle of nowhere. Let’s review some of them in details.
Compensations for traveling by train
Your trip experience will be enriched if you choose it since:
- To admire and enjoy the scenery is possible. From its windows you can perceive everything during day or night. An unbeatable manner of knowing diverse places. In flight you only see anything different to clouds while the nave is taking off or landing.
- In most of the cases the tickets are cheaper compared to plane ones. Besides this way is faster and with less traffic problems than automobiles. If you book a nocturnal trip it is likely to sleep in a comfy cabin and save the money required in a hotel. In the meantime you are moving to your destination.
- This is the most ecological kind of transportation. It emits less carbon than any other vehicle and is able to transfer the biggest amount of people at the same time.
- It offers more flexibility. In most of the countries the main destinations are stations where passengers can get off, walk around and take another service. Also there are special tickets for long periods that allow you to get on at any instant. They are ideal for instantaneous travellers.
- It is more comfortable, even those one do not having recliner seats or private cabins. Reserve a chair far from the door because those are the ones less relaxing and that is the noisiest location due to the people going back and forth.
- They are safer than the other options. They are not affected by traffic, interruptions on the routes, car accidents, getting in line to pay tolls, etc. Additionally, it is common to find a security agent inside the wagons.